Subject: [PATCH 07/44] net/core/flow_dissector: Fix cap of __skb_flow_dissect() return value.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2025 22:41:03 +0000

From: David Laight <[email-masked]>

There are some dodgy clamp_t(u16, ...) and min_t(u16, ...).

__skb_flow_dissect() tries to cap its return value with:
	key_control->thoff = min_t(u16, nhoff, skb ? skb->len : hlen);
however this casts skb->len to u16 before the comparison.
While both nboff and hlen are 'small', skb->len could be 0x10001 which
gets converted to 1 by the cast.
This gives an invalid (small) value for thoff for valid packets.

bpf_flow_dissect() used clamp_t(u16, ...) to set both flow_keys->nhoff
and flow_keys->thoff.
While I think these can't lose significant bits the casts are unnecessary
plain clamp(...) works fine.

Fixes: d0c081b49137c ("flow_dissector: properly cap thoff field")
Signed-off-by: David Laight <[email-masked]>
---
 net/core/flow_dissector.c | 7 +++----
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/core/flow_dissector.c b/net/core/flow_dissector.c
index 1b61bb25ba0e..e362160bb73d 100644
--- a/net/core/flow_dissector.c
+++ b/net/core/flow_dissector.c
@@ -1023,9 +1023,8 @@ u32 bpf_flow_dissect(struct bpf_prog *prog, struct bpf_flow_dissector *ctx,
 
 	result = bpf_prog_run_pin_on_cpu(prog, ctx);
 
-	flow_keys->nhoff = clamp_t(u16, flow_keys->nhoff, nhoff, hlen);
-	flow_keys->thoff = clamp_t(u16, flow_keys->thoff,
-				   flow_keys->nhoff, hlen);
+	flow_keys->nhoff = clamp(flow_keys->nhoff, nhoff, hlen);
+	flow_keys->thoff = clamp(flow_keys->thoff, flow_keys->nhoff, hlen);
 
 	return result;
 }
@@ -1687,7 +1686,7 @@ bool __skb_flow_dissect(const struct net *net,
 	ret = true;
 
 out:
-	key_control->thoff = min_t(u16, nhoff, skb ? skb->len : hlen);
+	key_control->thoff = umin(nhoff, skb ? skb->len : hlen);
 	key_basic->n_proto = proto;
 	key_basic->ip_proto = ip_proto;
 
-- 
2.39.5