Subject: Re: [TEST] vxlan brige test flakiness

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2025 16:26:10 -0800

On Fri, 5 Dec 2025 17:16:56 +0100 Petr Machata wrote:
> OK, cool.
> 
> I think the following patch would fix the issue. But I think it should
> be thematically split into two parts, the lib.sh fix needs its own
> explanation. Then there is a third patch to get rid of the
> now-unnecessary vx_wait() helper.
> 
> I think it makes sense to send it all as next material after you open it
> in January. But if the issue is super annoying, I can send the two-part
> fix now for net, and the cleanup in January for next.
> 
> Let me know what you prefer.

I think both the fix and the cleanup would be acceptable at this stage
of the merge window. But no strong preference, I queued up the diff you
shared as a local NIPA patch so we can see how it fares over the
weekend. And it will get auto-ejected when you post the real thing.