Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next, v6] net: mana: Implement ndo_tx_timeout and serialize queue resets per port.

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2026 17:30:56 -0800

On Fri, 2 Jan 2026 20:57:05 -0800 Dipayaan Roy wrote:
> +		apc = netdev_priv(ndev);
> +		disable_work_sync(&apc->queue_reset_work.work);

AI code review points out:

  In mana_remove(), disable_work_sync() is called for each port's
  queue_reset_work. However, when resuming=true, mana_probe() creates a new
  workqueue but does not call mana_probe_port() (which contains INIT_WORK),
  and there is no enable_work() call for queue_reset_work in the resume path.

  The existing link_change_work handles this correctly: it is disabled in
  mana_remove() and re-enabled with enable_work(&ac->link_change_work) in
  mana_probe() when resuming=true.

  Should enable_work(&apc->queue_reset_work.work) be called for each port in
  the resuming path of mana_probe(), similar to how link_change_work is
  handled? Otherwise TX timeout recovery appears to remain disabled after a
  suspend/resume cycle.
-- 
pw-bot: cr