Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2] net/tcp_sigpool: Enable compile-testing

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2026 16:33:04 -0800

On Thu, 15 Jan 2026 15:27:26 +0100 Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Since commit 37a183d3b7cdb873 ("tcp: Convert tcp-md5 to use MD5 library
> instead of crypto_ahash"), TCP_SIGPOOL is only selected by TCP_AO.
> However, the latter depends on 64BIT, so tcp_sigpool can no longer be
> built on 32-bit platforms at all.
> 
> Improve compile coverage on 32-bit by allowing the user to enable
> TCP_SIGPOOL when compile-testing.  Add a dependency on CRYPTO, which is
> always fulfilled when selected by TCP_AO.

I don't see why we'd care. I understand COMPILE_TEST when the symbol
is narrowed down to a very unusual platform. But this is doing the
opposite, it's _adding_ a very unusual platform on which, as you say,
this code cannot be used today. If this code regresses and someone
wants to start using it on 32b they'll have to fix it.

Please LMK if I'm misunderstanding or there's another argument (not
mentioned in the commit message).
-- 
pw-bot: cr