Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] net: ethtool: Track TX pause storm

From: Mohsin Bashir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2026 11:21:55 -0800

With TX pause enabled, if a device cannot deliver received frames to
the stack (e.g., during a system hang), it may generate excessive pause
frames causing a pause storm. This series updates the uAPI to track TX
pause storm events as part of the pause stats (p1), adds pause storm
protection support for fbnic (p2), and leverages p1 to provide
observability into these events for fbnic (p3).

Mohsin Bashir (3):
  net: ethtool: Track pause storm events
  eth: fbnic: Add protection against pause storm
  eth: fbnic: Fetch TX pause storm stats

 Documentation/netlink/specs/ethtool.yaml      | 13 ++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/meta/fbnic/fbnic_csr.h   | 11 +++
 .../net/ethernet/meta/fbnic/fbnic_ethtool.c   |  3 +
 .../net/ethernet/meta/fbnic/fbnic_hw_stats.h  |  1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/meta/fbnic/fbnic_irq.c   |  2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/meta/fbnic/fbnic_mac.c   | 77 ++++++++++++++++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/meta/fbnic/fbnic_mac.h   | 15 ++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/meta/fbnic/fbnic_pci.c   |  4 +
 include/linux/ethtool.h                       |  2 +
 .../uapi/linux/ethtool_netlink_generated.h    |  1 +
 net/ethtool/pause.c                           |  4 +-
 11 files changed, 128 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.3