Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] net/smc: buffer allocation and registration improvements

From: "D. Wythe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2026 16:23:46 +0800

This series improves SMC-R buffer management by refining the allocation
logic and reducing hardware resource overhead during registration. 

The primary improvement is the significant reduction in MTTE consumption.
By aligning IB registration with the actual physical block sizes, we can
reduce the entry count from one per 4KB page to just one per contiguous
block. This is especially beneficial for large buffers, preventing
hardware resource exhaustion on RDMA NICs.

D. Wythe (3):
  net/smc: cap allocation order for SMC-R physically contiguous buffers
  mm: vmalloc: export find_vm_area()
  net/smc: optimize MTTE consumption for SMC-R buffers

 mm/vmalloc.c       |  1 +
 net/smc/smc_core.c | 31 ++++++++++++++++++-------------
 net/smc/smc_ib.c   | 23 ++++++++++++++++++++---
 3 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

-- 
2.45.0