Subject: [PATCH net-next v5 4/8] net/rds: Kick-start TCP receiver after accept

From: Allison Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2026 22:57:19 -0700

From: Gerd Rausch <[email-masked]>

In cases where the server (the node with the higher IP-address)
in an RDS/TCP connection is overwhelmed it is possible that the
socket that was just accepted is chock-full of messages, up to
the limit of what the socket receive buffer permits.

Subsequently, "rds_tcp_data_ready" won't be called anymore,
because there is no more space to receive additional messages.

Nor was it called prior to the point of calling "rds_tcp_set_callbacks",
because the "sk_data_ready" pointer didn't even point to
"rds_tcp_data_ready" yet.

We fix this by simply kick-starting the receive-worker
for all cases where the socket state is neither
"TCP_CLOSE_WAIT" nor "TCP_CLOSE".

Signed-off-by: Gerd Rausch <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Allison Henderson <[email-masked]>
---
 net/rds/tcp_listen.c | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/net/rds/tcp_listen.c b/net/rds/tcp_listen.c
index 492dcc6568bf..b5786227623c 100644
--- a/net/rds/tcp_listen.c
+++ b/net/rds/tcp_listen.c
@@ -291,6 +291,8 @@ int rds_tcp_accept_one(struct rds_tcp_net *rtn)
 	    new_sock->sk->sk_state == TCP_LAST_ACK ||
 	    new_sock->sk->sk_state == TCP_CLOSE)
 		rds_conn_path_drop(cp, 0);
+	else
+		queue_delayed_work(cp->cp_wq, &cp->cp_recv_w, 0);
 
 	new_sock = NULL;
 	ret = 0;
-- 
2.43.0