Subject: Re: [net-next,v4,7/9] dpll: Add reference count tracking support

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2026 16:11:02 +0000

This is an AI-generated review of your patch. The human sending this
email has considered the AI review valid, or at least plausible.

For local reproduction steps see https://netdev-ai.bots.linux.dev/ai-local.html
---
dpll: Add reference count tracking support

This commit adds REF_TRACKER infrastructure support to the DPLL subsystem,
allowing developers to track and debug reference counting leaks for
dpll_device and dpll_pin objects via debugfs.

> diff --git a/include/linux/dpll.h b/include/linux/dpll.h
> --- a/include/linux/dpll.h
> +++ b/include/linux/dpll.h

[ ... ]

> @@ -223,16 +231,17 @@ dpll_netdev_add_pin_handle(struct sk_buff *msg, const struct net_device *dev)
>  }
>
>  static inline struct dpll_pin *
> -fwnode_dpll_pin_find(struct fwnode_handle *fwnode)
> +fwnode_dpll_pin_find(struct fwnode_handle *fwnode, dpll_tracker *tracker);
>  {
>  	return NULL;
>  }

There appears to be a stray semicolon at the end of the function signature
on the line with the tracker parameter. This would cause a compile error
when CONFIG_DPLL is disabled since the function body follows what looks
like a forward declaration.

Should the semicolon be removed so the stub function compiles correctly?