Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/9] net: stats, tools, driver tests for HW GRO

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2026 14:05:32 -0800

Add miscellaneous pieces related to production use of HW-GRO:
 - report standard stats from drivers (bnxt included here,
   Gal recently posted patches for mlx5 which is great)
 - CLI tool for calculating HW GRO savings / effectiveness
 - tests for the stats, packet ordering and depth

Jakub Kicinski (9):
  eth: bnxt: gather and report HW-GRO stats
  tools: ynltool: factor out qstat dumping
  tools: ynltool: add qstats analysis for HW-GRO efficiency / savings
  selftests: net: move gro to lib for HW vs SW reuse
  selftests: drv-net: give HW stats sync time extra 25% of margin
  selftests: drv-net: gro: use SO_TXTIME to schedule packets together
  selftests: drv-net: gro: test GRO stats
  selftests: drv-net: gro: add test for packet ordering
  selftests: drv-net: gro: add a test for HW-GRO depth

 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/Makefile  |   1 -
 .../testing/selftests/drivers/net/hw/Makefile |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/net/lib/Makefile      |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.h     |   4 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.c     |  17 +-
 tools/net/ynl/ynltool/qstats.c                | 170 +++++---
 .../selftests/{drivers/net => net/lib}/gro.c  | 242 +++++++++++-
 .../testing/selftests/drivers/net/.gitignore  |   1 -
 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/gro.py    |   2 +-
 .../selftests/drivers/net/hw/gro_hw.py        | 374 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../selftests/drivers/net/lib/py/env.py       |   4 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/net/lib/.gitignore    |   1 +
 12 files changed, 748 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)
 rename tools/testing/selftests/{drivers/net => net/lib}/gro.c (87%)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/hw/gro_hw.py

-- 
2.53.0