Subject: Re: [v4,net-next,10/11] net/nebula-matrix: add common/ctrl dev init/reinit operation

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2026 18:25:01 -0800

This is an AI-generated review of your patch. The human sending this
email says "This is an automated AI code reviewer, please treat what
it says with a grain of salt."

For local reproduction steps see https://netdev-ai.bots.linux.dev/ai-local.html
---
net/nebula-matrix: add common/ctrl dev init/reinit operation

This commit adds initialization and teardown operations for common and
control devices, including mailbox queue setup, cleanup task
registration, and chip module initialization.

> diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/nebula-matrix/nbl/nbl_core/nbl_dev.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/nebula-matrix/nbl/nbl_core/nbl_dev.c
> index fd7c97f3b0fe..9927dd3a1791 100644
> --- a/drivers/net/ethernet/nebula-matrix/nbl/nbl_core/nbl_dev.c
> +++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/nebula-matrix/nbl/nbl_core/nbl_dev.c

[ ... ]

> @@ -6,6 +6,164 @@
>
>  #include "nbl_dev.h"
>
> +static void nbl_dev_register_common_irq(struct nbl_dev_mgt *dev_mgt)
> +{
> +	struct nbl_dev_common *dev_common = dev_mgt->common_dev;
> +	struct nbl_msix_info *msix_info = &dev_common->msix_info;
> +
> +	msix_info->serv_info[NBL_MSIX_MAILBOX_TYPE].num = 1;
> +}

This isn't a bug, but the commit message states "registers cleanup
tasks, and requests IRQs." The function nbl_dev_register_common_irq()
only sets msix_info->serv_info[NBL_MSIX_MAILBOX_TYPE].num = 1, which is
MSI-X configuration, not IRQ registration. No request_irq(),
devm_request_irq(), or similar calls appear in the patch. The function
name is also misleading as it suggests IRQ registration but only
performs counter initialization.

[ ... ]