Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/4] net/rds: RDS-TCP reconnect and fanout improvements

From: Allison Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2026 22:37:12 -0700

Hi all,

This is subset 4 of the larger RDS-TCP patch series I posted last
Oct.  The greater series aims to correct multiple rds-tcp issues that
can cause dropped or out of sequence messages.  I've broken it down into
smaller sets to make reviews more manageable.

In this set, we address some reconnect issues occurring during connection
teardowns, and also move connection fanout operations to a background
worker.

The entire set can be viewed in the rfc here:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

Questions, comments, flames appreciated!

Thanks,
Allison

Change Log
v2:
   [PATCH net-next v2 1/4] net/rds: Refactor __rds_conn_create for
   blocking transport cleanup
      - NEW

   [PATCH net-next v2 2/4] net/rds: Delegate fan-out to a background
    worker
      - Added syzbot report link

Allison Henderson (2):
  net/rds: Refactor __rds_conn_create for blocking transport cleanup
  net/rds: rds_sendmsg should not discard payload_len

Gerd Rausch (1):
  net/rds: Delegate fan-out to a background worker

Greg Jumper (1):
  net/rds: Use proper peer port number even when not connected

 net/rds/connection.c  | 32 ++++++++++++----------
 net/rds/send.c        |  6 +++--
 net/rds/tcp.c         |  3 +++
 net/rds/tcp.h         |  7 ++---
 net/rds/tcp_connect.c |  2 ++
 net/rds/tcp_listen.c  | 63 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 6 files changed, 76 insertions(+), 37 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0