Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 1/5] drm/ras: Introduce the DRM RAS infrastructure over generic netlink

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2026 16:22:03 -0800

On Mon, 23 Feb 2026 11:35:41 +0530 Riana Tauro wrote:
> From: Rodrigo Vivi <[email-masked]>
> 
> Introduces the DRM RAS infrastructure over generic netlink.
> 
> The new interface allows drivers to expose RAS nodes and their
> associated error counters to userspace in a structured and extensible
> way. Each drm_ras node can register its own set of error counters, which
> are then discoverable and queryable through netlink operations. This
> lays the groundwork for reporting and managing hardware error states
> in a unified manner across different DRM drivers.

Family itself LGTM.

I'm getting this diff when running regen:

diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_ras_nl.c b/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_ras_nl.c
index 4714a574a143..8bc85eab751f 100644
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_ras_nl.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/drm_ras_nl.c
@@ -7,6 +7,8 @@
 #include <net/netlink.h>
 #include <net/genetlink.h>
 
+#include "drm_ras_nl.h"
+
 #include <uapi/drm/drm_ras.h>
 #include <drm/drm_ras_nl.h>

Is there a reason why drm_ras_nl.h is in the global include/ path and
not in drivers/gpu/drm/, directly? This header is meant to be used
just between the generated C code (which is mostly structs at this
point) and the C source implementing the family. We haven't had any
use case which would require making it global so generator doesn't
support that.

The source needs to be clean after regen, so we either need to move 
the header in this patch or I can send you a patch to add a new
generator feature to override the header location. LMK.