Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] net: replace deprecated simple_strto* parsers with kstrto*

From: Eric-Terminal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2026 11:38:36 +0800

From: Yufan Chen <[email-masked]>

This series replaces deprecated simple_strto* parsers in net paths with
kstrto* helpers and keeps parser behavior strict.

v2:
Split the original large patch into a 4-patch series for easier review.
Added a prerequisite fix for xen_9pfs dataring cleanup idempotency
(Patch 1) to ensure safe error handling during the parser transition.
Refined the xen_9pfs version parsing logic to use strsep() for better
token handling.

Patch 1/4 fixes xen_9pfs dataring cleanup idempotency to avoid repeated
resource teardown on init error paths.
Patch 2/4 switches xen_9pfs backend version parsing to kstrtouint().
Patch 3/4 updates bridge brport_store() to use kstrtoul().
Patch 4/4 updates sunrpc proc_dodebug() to use kstrtouint().

Yufan Chen (4):
  9p/trans_xen: make cleanup idempotent after dataring alloc errors
  9p/trans_xen: replace simple_strto* with kstrtouint
  net: bridge: replace deprecated simple_strtoul with kstrtoul
  sunrpc: sysctl: replace simple_strtol with kstrtouint

 net/9p/trans_xen.c       | 77 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 net/bridge/br_sysfs_if.c |  5 ++-
 net/sunrpc/sysctl.c      | 24 ++++++-------
 3 files changed, 67 insertions(+), 39 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.3