Subject: [PATCH v4 0/2] Fix warnings for RISC-V builds

From: Sean Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2026 23:26:22 +0800

This series addresses several compiler warnings found when building the
kernel for RISC-V.

The first patch fixes unused variable warnings in the NFS client (including
nfs4proc and flexfilelayout) that occur in certain build configurations.

The second patch fixes a format-truncation warning in the MACB ethernet
driver by ensuring the snprintf output fits within the destination buffer.

v4:
- Refactor patch 1 to use no_printk() in sunrpc headers instead of marking
  variables as __maybe_unused. This provides a cleaner, global fix and
  enables compiler type checking.

v3:
- Expand commit descriptions to include technical details regarding macro
  expansion, as requested by Andrew Lunn.
- Test the different platform, such as ARM, ARM64, X86_64.

v2:
- Split the original treewide patch into subsystem-specific commits.
- Added more detailed commit descriptions to satisfy checkpatch.

Sean Chang (2):
  sunrpc: fix unused variable warnings by using no_printk
  net: macb: use ethtool_sprintf to fill ethtool stats strings

 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_main.c | 7 ++-----
 include/linux/sunrpc/debug.h             | 4 ++--
 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1