Subject: [PATCH v5 0/2] Fix compiler warnings/errors in SUNRPC and MACB

From: Sean Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2026 02:08:19 +0800

This series addresses compiler warnings and a build error identified across 
different architectures and configurations.

The first patch refactors the dfprintk macros in the SUNRPC subsystem. This 
global fix silences unused variable warnings and, by incorporating 
no_printk(), ensures continued compiler type checking. It also includes 
a specific fix for a build error in nfsd (nfsfh.c) uncovered by syzbot 
in non-debug configurations.

The second patch fixes a format-truncation warning in the MACB ethernet
driver by ensuring the snprintf output fits within the destination buffer.

v5:
- Simplify dfprintk and dfprintk_rcu macros by removing the redundant 'fmt' 
  argument and calling no_printk(__VA_ARGS__) directly, as suggested by 
  David Laight.
- Fix a build error in fs/nfsd/nfsfh.c reported by syzbot. The error was 
  caused by a mismatch between the variable's lifecycle (defined via 
  RPC_IFDEBUG) and its usage in dprintk.
- Add Link tag to the syzbot build failure report.
- Update series title to reflect the general nature of the fixes.

v4:
- Refactor patch 1 to use no_printk() in sunrpc headers instead of marking
  variables as __maybe_unused. This provides a cleaner, global fix and
  enables compiler type checking.

v3:
- Expand commit descriptions to include technical details regarding macro
  expansion, as requested by Andrew Lunn.
- Test the different platform, such as ARM, ARM64, X86_64.

v2:
- Split the original treewide patch into subsystem-specific commits.
- Added more detailed commit descriptions to satisfy checkpatch.

Sean Chang (2):
  sunrpc: simplify dfprintk macros and fix nfsd build error
  net: macb: use ethtool_sprintf to fill ethtool stats strings

 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_main.c | 7 ++-----
 fs/nfsd/nfsfh.c                          | 2 ++
 include/linux/sunrpc/debug.h             | 4 ++--
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1