Subject: [PATCH net-next v1 0/2] selftests: rds: refactor and expand rds selftests test

From: Allison Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2026 22:55:16 -0700

Hi all,

This series aims to improve the current rds selftests.  The first patch
refactors the existing test.py such that the networking set up can be
reused as general purpose infrastructure for other tests.  The existing
send and receive code is hoisted into a separate rds_basic.py.  The next
patch adds a new rds_stress.py that exercises RDS via the external
rds-stress tool from the rds-tools package if it is available on the host.
We add two new flags to test.py, -b and -s to select rds_basic or
rds_stress respectively.  The intent is to make the RDS selftests more
modular and extensible.  Let me know what you all think.

Questions, comments, suggestions appreciated!
Thanks!

Allison

v1:
  - fixed pylint warnings

Allison Henderson (2):
  selftests: rds: Refactor test.py
  selftests: rds: Add rds_stress.py

 tools/testing/selftests/net/rds/Makefile      |   2 +
 tools/testing/selftests/net/rds/rds_basic.py  | 183 +++++++++++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/net/rds/rds_stress.py |  58 ++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/net/rds/run.sh        |  42 +++-
 tools/testing/selftests/net/rds/test.py       | 184 +++---------------
 5 files changed, 308 insertions(+), 161 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/net/rds/rds_basic.py
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/net/rds/rds_stress.py

-- 
2.43.0