Subject: [net-next V4 2/5] net: ethtool: Update doc for tunable

From: Mohsin Bashir <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2026 15:01:46 -0800

ETHTOOL_PFC_PREVENTION_TOUT enables the configuration of timeout value
for PFC storm prevention. This can also be used to configure storm
detection timeout for global pause settings. In fact some existing
drivers are already using it for the said purpose.

Highlight that the knob can formally be used to configure timeout
value for pause storm prevention mechanism. The update to the ethtool
man page will follow afterwards.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]

Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Mohsin Bashir <[email-masked]>
---
 include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h b/include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h
index b74b80508553..1cdfb8341df2 100644
--- a/include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h
+++ b/include/uapi/linux/ethtool.h
@@ -225,7 +225,7 @@ enum tunable_id {
 	ETHTOOL_ID_UNSPEC,
 	ETHTOOL_RX_COPYBREAK,
 	ETHTOOL_TX_COPYBREAK,
-	ETHTOOL_PFC_PREVENTION_TOUT, /* timeout in msecs */
+	ETHTOOL_PFC_PREVENTION_TOUT, /* both pause and pfc, see man ethtool */
 	ETHTOOL_TX_COPYBREAK_BUF_SIZE,
 	/*
 	 * Add your fresh new tunable attribute above and remember to update
-- 
2.47.3