Subject: review scoring

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2026 18:01:22 -0800

Hi!

Alexei just sent an announcement to the BPF list describing
a new system of requiring review participation:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAADnVQ+TKKptnNB25V3=[email-masked]/
I'm very curious to see how this goes, it definitely feels like
a logical step.

On the netdev side I've been using a patch review queue which
takes into account 
 - the reviewer score of the author
 - the reviewer socre of their employer (using the same logic 
   I use for the periodic "developer statistics" email),
 - quality metrics like "is checkpatch clean"
 - whether someone already reviewed the patches on the list
   (reviews from the same company do not count)

I've been meaning to send an email to let folks know that I'm doing
this. Most large companies are getting a 2 day delay from this scoring
system. To be clear, I'm not intentionally waiting 2 days before
looking at code (at the cost of my sanity). It's just that with our
patch volume if something gets a 2 day delay there's plenty of patches
that will jump earlier in the queue. And so far advancements in AI
failed to make the days any longer..

the queue: https://netdev.bots.linux.dev/suie.html?delegate=netdev