Subject: [PATCH v1 0/6] TLS read_sock performance scalability

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2026 16:13:56 -0500

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>

I'd like to encourage in-kernel kTLS consumers (i.e., NFS and
NVMe/TCP) to coalesce on the use of read_sock. When I suggested
this to Hannes, he reported a number of nagging performance
scalability issues with read_sock. This series is an attempt to
run these issues down and get them fixed before we convert the
above sock_recvmsg consumers over to read_sock.

Each patch's commit message speaks for itself, so I won't repeat
that content here.

Series is based on commit ab99e1167293 ("Merge branch
'net-ethtool-track-tx-pause-storm'") in the net-next tree.

---

Chuck Lever (6):
  tls: Fix dangling skb pointer in tls_sw_read_sock()
  tls: Factor tls_strp_msg_release() from tls_strp_msg_done()
  tls: Suppress spurious saved_data_ready during read_sock
  tls: Flush backlog before tls_rx_rec_wait in read_sock
  tls: Restructure tls_sw_read_sock() into submit/deliver phases
  tls: Enable batch async decryption in read_sock

 net/tls/tls.h      |   2 +
 net/tls/tls_strp.c |  36 ++++++++++-
 net/tls/tls_sw.c   | 157 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 3 files changed, 147 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
2.53.0