Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/6] net: bcmgenet: add XDP support

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2026 08:52:32 -0700

On Fri, 13 Mar 2026 10:20:55 +0100 Nicolai Buchwitz wrote:
> Add XDP support to the bcmgenet driver, covering XDP_PASS, XDP_DROP,
> XDP_TX, XDP_REDIRECT, and ndo_xdp_xmit.
> 
> The first patch converts the RX path from the existing kmalloc-based
> allocation to page_pool, which is a prerequisite for XDP. The remaining
> patches incrementally add XDP functionality and per-action statistics.
> 
> Tested on Raspberry Pi CM4 (BCM2711, bcmgenet, 1Gbps link):
> - XDP_PASS: 943 Mbit/s TX, 935 Mbit/s RX (no regression vs baseline)
> - XDP_PASS latency: 0.164ms avg, 0% packet loss
> - XDP_DROP: all inbound traffic blocked as expected
> - XDP_TX: TX counter increments (packet reflection working)
> - Link flap with XDP attached: no errors
> - Program swap under iperf3 load: no errors

Have you had a chance to run the XDP tests from 
tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/hw/
?