Subject: [PATCH net v2 0/2] team: fix header_ops type confusion and add selftest

From: Jiayuan Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2026 20:45:52 +0800

Hi,

This patch series fixes a panic reported by syzkaller in the team/bond/gre
stacked non-Ethernet configuration:
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=3d8bc31c45e11450f24c

The first patch fixes the header_ops type confusion / parse recursion context
issue in team. The second patch adds a selftest to reproduce the reported
scenario and prevent regressions in the future.

Thanks.

---
Changes in v2:
- The same fix approach was applied to bonding first, but could cause
  infinite recursion in bond_header_parse(). Eric spotted the issue and
  fixed it in:
  b7405dcf7385 ("bonding: prevent potential infinite loop in bond_header_parse()")
  After that fix landed, we continue with the same approach to fix team.

v1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
Jiayuan Chen (2):
  team: fix header_ops type confusion with non-Ethernet ports
  selftests: team: add non-Ethernet header_ops reproducer

 drivers/net/team/team_core.c                  | 60 ++++++++++++++++++-
 .../selftests/drivers/net/team/Makefile       |  1 +
 .../testing/selftests/drivers/net/team/config |  2 +
 .../drivers/net/team/non_ether_header_ops.sh  | 40 +++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 102 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/team/non_ether_header_ops.sh

-- 
2.43.0