Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] sunrpc/nfs: cleanup redundant debug checks and refactor macros

From: Sean Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2026 22:18:43 +0800

This series cleans up redundant IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_SUNRPC_DEBUG) guards 
across sunrpc, nfsd, and lockd, as these checks are already handled 
within the dprintk macros.

Additionally, it refactors the nfs_errorf() macros into a safer 
do-while(0) pattern and removes unused nfs_warnf() macros to improve 
code maintainability.

v3:
- Added nfs_errorf refactoring and removed unused nfs_warnf macros.
- Split sunrpc and nfsd changes for better clarity.

v2:
 - Follow reversed xmas tree order for variables in svc_rdma_transport.c
   as requested by Andy Shevchenko.
 - Polish commit message: use dprintk() and remove redundant file list.
 - Correct the technical claim about dprintk() type checking.

Sean Chang (3):
  nfsd/lockd: Remove redundant debug checks
  svcrdma: remove redundant IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_SUNRPC_DEBUG) guards
  nfs: refactor nfs_errorf macros and remove unused ones

 fs/lockd/svclock.c                       |  7 ------
 fs/nfs/internal.h                        | 28 +++++++++++-------------
 fs/nfsd/nfsfh.c                          |  8 +++----
 net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c | 25 ++++++++++-----------
 4 files changed, 27 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1