Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/2] net: cleanup bitmaps printing

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2026 17:44:44 +0000

On Thu, Mar 19, 2026 at 04:17:09PM -0400, Yury Norov wrote:
> Bitmap API has a bitmap_print_to_pagebuf() function that is intended to
> print bitmap into a human readable format, making sure that the output
> string will not get big enough to cross the current page limit.
> 
> Some drivers use this function immediately before passing the result to
> scnprintf() with no modification. This is useless because scnprintf(),
> and helpers based on it like seq_pritf() and sysfs_emit(), take care of
> not overflowing the buffer by itself, and perfectly print bitmaps with
> "%*pb[l]".
> 
> v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
> v2:
>  - fix copy-paste error in print_npa_qsize() (Simon);
>  - fix typo in #1 subject (Jakub).

Thanks for the updates.

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>