Subject: Re: [PATCH iwl-net v2] idpf: fix xdp crash in soft reset error path

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2026 17:48:43 +0000

This is an AI-generated review of your patch. The human sending this
email has considered the AI review valid, or at least plausible.

For local reproduction steps see https://netdev-ai.bots.linux.dev/ai-local.html
---
idpf: fix xdp crash in soft reset error path

This commit fixes a NULL pointer dereference that occurs when
idpf_vport_open() fails during soft reset. The fix restores
vport->xdp_prog in the error path and updates the restart check in
idpf_xsk_pool_setup() to use IDPF_VPORT_UP instead of netif_running().

> Fixes: 3d57b2c00f09 ("idpf: add XSk pool initialization")

The Fixes: tag may not be targeting the correct commit. The primary bug
being fixed is the NULL pointer dereference crash in idpf_xdp_setup_prog()
that occurs when soft reset fails and vport->xdp_prog is not restored.

Looking at the git history, this missing restoration was introduced in
commit 705457e7211f ("idpf: implement XDP_SETUP_PROG in ndo_bpf for
splitq"), where idpf_xdp_setup_prog() was first implemented. While commit
3d57b2c00f09 introduced the secondary issue with the netif_running()
check, the main crash fix addresses code from commit 705457e7211f.

Should the Fixes: tag point to commit 705457e7211f instead?