Subject: [PATCH v5 0/5] sunrpc/nfs: cleanup redundant debug checks and refactor macros

From: Sean Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2026 22:15:05 +0800

This series cleans up redundant IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_SUNRPC_DEBUG) guards
across sunrpc, nfsd, and lockd, as these checks are already handled
within the dprintk macros.

Additionally, it refactors the nfs_errorf() macros into a safer
do-while(0) pattern and removes unused nfs_warnf() macros to improve
code maintainability.

v5:
- Reformat the cleanup of __maybe_unused into a formal 'Revert' patch as requested.
- Update the macro refactoring commit message to include historical context
  (commit ce8866f0913f) and use backticks for `git grep`.

v4:
- Add a missing patch to include/linux/sunrpc/debug.h to ensure dprintk()
  properly handles variable referencing via no_printk().
- Remove obsolete __maybe_unused from fs/nfsd/export.c (revert ebae102897e7)
  as suggested by Andy Shevchenko.
- Add Reviewed-by and Tested-by tags from Andy Shevchenko.

v3:
- Added nfs_errorf refactoring and removed unused nfs_warnf macros.
- Split sunrpc and nfsd changes for better clarity.

v2:
 - Follow reversed xmas tree order for variables in svc_rdma_transport.c
   as requested by Andy Shevchenko.
 - Polish commit message: use dprintk() and remove redundant file list.
 - Correct the technical claim about dprintk() type checking.

Sean Chang (5):
  sunrpc: Fix dprintk type mismatch using do-while(0)
  nfsd/lockd: Remove redundant debug checks
  svcrdma: Remove redundant IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_SUNRPC_DEBUG) guards
  nfs: Refactor nfs_errorf macros and remove unused ones
  Revert "nfsd: Mark variable __maybe_unused to avoid W=1 build break"

 fs/lockd/svclock.c                       |  7 ------
 fs/nfs/internal.h                        | 28 +++++++++++-------------
 fs/nfsd/export.c                         |  2 +-
 fs/nfsd/nfsfh.c                          |  8 +++----
 include/linux/sunrpc/debug.h             |  8 ++-----
 net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c | 25 ++++++++++-----------
 6 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1