Subject: [PATCH v5 3/5] svcrdma: Remove redundant IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_SUNRPC_DEBUG) guards

From: Sean Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2026 22:15:08 +0800

Remove redundant IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_SUNRPC_DEBUG) guards in
svc_rdma_accept(). Since dprintk() already evaluates to a no-op
(via no_printk) when debugging is disabled, these explicit guards
are unnecessary.

Verification with .lst files under -O2 confirms that the compiler
successfully performs "dead code elimination". Even when variables
(like 'sap' in this case) are declared outside of #ifdef, they are
completely optimized out (no stack allocation, no symbol references
in the final executable) as they are only referenced within dprintk().

Signed-off-by: Sean Chang <[email-masked]>
---
 net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c | 25 +++++++++++-------------
 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c b/net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c
index f2d72181a6fe..0759444bda50 100644
--- a/net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c
+++ b/net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c
@@ -413,6 +413,7 @@ static struct svc_xprt *svc_rdma_accept(struct svc_xprt *xprt)
 	struct rpcrdma_connect_private pmsg;
 	struct ib_qp_init_attr qp_attr;
 	struct ib_device *dev;
+	struct sockaddr *sap;
 	int ret = 0;
 
 	listen_rdma = container_of(xprt, struct svcxprt_rdma, sc_xprt);
@@ -559,20 +560,16 @@ static struct svc_xprt *svc_rdma_accept(struct svc_xprt *xprt)
 		goto errout;
 	}
 
-	if (IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_SUNRPC_DEBUG)) {
-		struct sockaddr *sap;
-
-		dprintk("svcrdma: new connection accepted on device %s:\n", dev->name);
-		sap = (struct sockaddr *)&newxprt->sc_cm_id->route.addr.src_addr;
-		dprintk("    local address   : %pIS:%u\n", sap, rpc_get_port(sap));
-		sap = (struct sockaddr *)&newxprt->sc_cm_id->route.addr.dst_addr;
-		dprintk("    remote address  : %pIS:%u\n", sap, rpc_get_port(sap));
-		dprintk("    max_sge         : %d\n", newxprt->sc_max_send_sges);
-		dprintk("    sq_depth        : %d\n", newxprt->sc_sq_depth);
-		dprintk("    rdma_rw_ctxs    : %d\n", ctxts);
-		dprintk("    max_requests    : %d\n", newxprt->sc_max_requests);
-		dprintk("    ord             : %d\n", conn_param.initiator_depth);
-	}
+	dprintk("svcrdma: new connection accepted on device %s:\n", dev->name);
+	sap = (struct sockaddr *)&newxprt->sc_cm_id->route.addr.src_addr;
+	dprintk("    local address   : %pIS:%u\n", sap, rpc_get_port(sap));
+	sap = (struct sockaddr *)&newxprt->sc_cm_id->route.addr.dst_addr;
+	dprintk("    remote address  : %pIS:%u\n", sap, rpc_get_port(sap));
+	dprintk("    max_sge         : %d\n", newxprt->sc_max_send_sges);
+	dprintk("    sq_depth        : %d\n", newxprt->sc_sq_depth);
+	dprintk("    rdma_rw_ctxs    : %d\n", ctxts);
+	dprintk("    max_requests    : %d\n", newxprt->sc_max_requests);
+	dprintk("    ord             : %d\n", conn_param.initiator_depth);
 
 	return &newxprt->sc_xprt;
 
-- 
2.34.1