Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] net: pse-pd: add poll path and LED trigger support

From: Carlo Szelinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2026 21:12:22 +0100

This series adds poll-based event detection and LED trigger support
to the PSE core subsystem.

Patches 1-2 introduce the poll path independently of LED support,
so it can be tested in isolation on boards with and without IRQ
configured.

Patch 3 adds LED triggers that hook into the shared event handling
path introduced by patch 2.

Changes since v1:
- Split single patch into 3 separate patches
- Extracted pse_handle_events() and devm_pse_poll_helper() as a
  standalone poll path (patches 1-2), testable without LED code
- Added DT binding for poll-interval-ms as a separate patch
- Renamed led-poll-interval-ms to poll-interval-ms for generic use
- Fire LED triggers from the notification path rather than a
  separate poll loop

Tested on Realtek RTL9303 with HS104 PoE chip, poll path only
(without IRQ configured). Verified PD connect/disconnect notifications
and LED trigger state changes. Testing with IRQ configured is still
needed to verify the refactored pse_isr() path.

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Carlo Szelinsky (3):
  dt-bindings: net: pse-pd: add poll-interval-ms property
  net: pse-pd: add devm_pse_poll_helper()
  net: pse-pd: add LED trigger support via notification path

 .../bindings/net/pse-pd/pse-controller.yaml   |   8 +
 drivers/net/pse-pd/pse_core.c                 | 267 ++++++++++++++++--
 include/linux/pse-pd/pse.h                    |  34 +++
 3 files changed, 278 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0