Subject: [PATCH net-next v5 0/3] net: stmmac: eic7700: fix EIC7700 eth1 RX sampling timing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2026 15:30:17 +0800

From: Zhi Li <[email-masked]>

v4 -> v5:
  - eswin,eic7700-eth.yaml:
    - Add Acked-by from Conor Dooley
    - No functional changes

  - Update dwmac-eic7700.c:
    - Disable clocks on the error path to fix a clock leak in
      eic7700_dwmac_init() when regmap_set_bits() fails
      (reported by Simon Horman <[email-masked]>)

  - Link to v4:
    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

v3 -> v4:
  - Update eswin,eic7700-eth.yaml:
    - Improve commit message in dt-bindings patch to clarify the
      hardware difference of the eth1 MAC and why a new compatible
      string is required.
    - Move the newly added eswin,hsp-sp-csr item to the end of the list
      to avoid inserting entries in the middle of the binding schema.
    - Simplify the compatible schema by replacing the previous oneOf
      construct with an enum.

  - Update dwmac-eic7700.c:
    - Fix build issues.
    - Adjust code to match the updated binding definition.

  - Update DTS/DTSI descriptions:
    - Move SoC-level descriptions to the .dtsi file.
    - Keep board-specific configuration in the .dts file.

  - Link to v3:
    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

v2 -> v3:
  - Update eswin,eic7700-eth.yaml:
    - Extend rx-internal-delay-ps and tx-internal-delay-ps range
      from 0-2400 to 0-2540 to match the full 7-bit hardware delay
      field (127 * 20 ps).
    - Add "multipleOf: 20" constraint to reflect the 20 ps hardware
      step size.
    - Make rx-internal-delay-ps and tx-internal-delay-ps optional.
      A well-designed board should not require internal delay tuning.
    - Remove rx-internal-delay-ps and tx-internal-delay-ps from the
      example to avoid encouraging blind copy into board DTs.

  - Update dwmac-eic7700.c:
    - Treat rx-internal-delay-ps and tx-internal-delay-ps as optional
      DT properties.
    - Apply delay configuration only when properties are present.
    - Keep TX/RX delay registers cleared by default to ensure a
      deterministic state when no delay is specified.

  - Describe Ethernet configuration for the HiFive Premier P550 board:
    - Add GMAC controller nodes for the HiFive Premier P550 board
      to describe the on-board Ethernet configuration.

      The Ethernet controller depends on clock, reset, pinctrl
      and HSP subsystem providers which are currently under
      upstream review. These dependent nodes will be submitted
      separately once the corresponding drivers are merged.

      Due to these missing dependencies, dt-binding-check may
      report warnings or failures for this series.

  - No functional changes to RX clock inversion logic.

  - Link to v2:
    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

  - This series is based on the EIC7700 clock support series:
    https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
    The clock series is currently under review.

v1 -> v2:
  - Update eswin,eic7700-eth.yaml:
    - Drop the vendor-specific properties eswin,rx-clk-invert and
      eswin,tx-clk-invert.
    - Introduce a distinct compatible string
      "eswin,eic7700-qos-eth-clk-inversion" to describe MAC instances that
      require internal RGMII clock inversion.
      This models the SoC-specific hardware difference directly via the
      compatible string and avoids per-board configuration properties.
    - Change rx-internal-delay-ps and tx-internal-delay-ps from enum to
      minimum/maximum to reflect the actual delay range (0-2400 ps)
    - Add reference to High-Speed Subsystem documentation in eswin,hsp-sp-csr
      description. The HSP CSR block is described in Chapter 10
      ("High-Speed Interface") of the EIC7700X SoC Technical Reference Manual,
      Part 4 (EIC7700X_SoC_Technical_Reference_Manual_Part4.pdf):
      https://github.com/eswincomputing/EIC7700X-SoC-Technical-Reference-Manual/releases

  - Update dwmac-eic7700.c:
    - Remove handling of eswin,rx-clk-invert and eswin,tx-clk-invert
      properties.
    - Select RX clock inversion based on the new
      "eswin,eic7700-qos-eth-clk-inversion" compatible string, using
      match data to apply the required configuration for affected MAC
      instances (eth1).

  - Link to v1:
    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

Zhi Li (3):
  dt-bindings: ethernet: eswin: add clock sampling control
  net: stmmac: eic7700: enable clocks before syscon access and correct
    RX sampling timing
  riscv: dts: eswin: eic7700-hifive-premier-p550: enable Ethernet
    controller

 .../bindings/net/eswin,eic7700-eth.yaml       |  69 +++++--
 .../dts/eswin/eic7700-hifive-premier-p550.dts |  42 ++++
 arch/riscv/boot/dts/eswin/eic7700.dtsi        |  66 +++++++
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-eic7700.c   | 183 ++++++++++++++----
 4 files changed, 303 insertions(+), 57 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.1