Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] net: replace deprecated simple_strto* parsers

From: Eric-Terminal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2026 23:30:34 +0800

From: Yufan Chen <[email-masked]>

Hi,

This series replaces deprecated simple_strto* parsers in two net paths
with kstrto* helpers and tightens parse semantics.

The series has been split from a previous mixed 9p/net series to ease
review and align with subsystem boundaries.

Patch 1 switches bridge brport_store() to kstrtoul() to ensure strict
input validation before taking locks.

Patch 2 updates sunrpc proc_dodebug() to use kstrtouint() for full-token
conversion, improving error reporting consistency in sysctl paths.

Testing:
- Verified migration to kstrto* ensures that sysfs/procfs interfaces now
  properly validate the entire input string, rejecting malformed input.

v3:
- Split into a dedicated net series for bridge and sunrpc.
- No functional changes since v2.

Yufan Chen (2):
  net: bridge: replace deprecated simple_strtoul with kstrtoul
  net: sunrpc: replace deprecated simple_strtol with kstrtouint

 net/bridge/br_sysfs_if.c |  5 +++--
 net/sunrpc/sysctl.c      | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 2 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.3