Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 00/10] net: stmmac: TSO fixes/cleanups

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2026 16:42:24 -0700

On Sun, 29 Mar 2026 19:51:17 +0100 Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > While I have you - you have a significantly negative "reviewer score".
> > You post much more than you review. Which should earn you extra 24h
> > of delay in our system. I've been trying to ignore that and prioritize
> > applying your patches but it'd be great if you could review a bit more.  
> 
> Sorry, but given the effort that stmmac is taking, I don't have much
> capacity to extend mental cycles elsewhere.
> 
> This two patch series wouldn't have exploded into ten (or maybe even
> more) patches had someone not pointed out the problem with
> suspend/resume interacting with disabling TSO... which prompted me to
> look deeper and discover a multitude of other problems. Should I
> instead ignore these bugs and not bother trying to fix this stuff?
> 
> Honestly, I'm getting tired of stmmac with it sucking lots of my time,
> and I suspect you're getting tired of the constant stream of patches
> for it - but the reason there's a constant stream is because there's
> so much that's wrong or broken in this driver.
> 
> So either we let the driver rot, or... what?

I was hoping to nudge you towards reviewing more rather than have you
slow down TBH :) Your patches are generally excellent so not a burden
for my PoV. And stmmac is a toilet, a very popular one at that, so
efforts to clean it up are most appreciated. If you could review a
couple of series every time you post - the balance should be restored
to our tooling universe.