Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 5/5] selftests: net: bridge: add tests for igmpv3 MRC and QQIC validation

From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2026 17:13:47 +0300

On Mon, Mar 30, 2026 at 07:16:11PM +0000, Ujjal Roy wrote:
> Add bridge selftests that configure IGMPv3 parameters and validate the
> resulting Query packet fields for Max Resp Code (MRC) and Querier Query
> Interval Code (QQIC).
> 
> This also adds helper binary to encode floating-point exponential fields.
> 
> Future extensions may cover corresponding IPv6 cases.

Please cover both IGMPv3 and MLDv2 since the patchset touches both. You
can add the MLDv2 tests in bridge_mld.sh.

Also, I think you can simplify the test by simply matching on the
expected values of MRC and QQIC using tc-u32.

For both IGMPv3 and MLDv2 please test both:

* MRC and QQIC in linear range.
* MRC and QQIC in non-linear range.

And please make sure the new test cases don't add new shellcheck
warnings / errors or it will fail in the CI. You can ignore existing
ones.