Subject: [PATCH net v4 0/2] net: hsr: fixes for PRP duplication and VLAN unwind

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2026 11:22:41 +0200

From: Luka Gejak <[email-masked]>

This series addresses two logic bugs in the HSR/PRP implementation 
identified during a protocol audit. These are targeted for the 'net' 
tree as they fix potential memory corruption and state inconsistency.

The primary change resolves a race condition in the node merging path by
implementing address-based lock ordering. This ensures that concurrent
mutations of sequence blocks do not lead to state corruption or 
deadlocks.

An additional fix corrects asymmetric VLAN error unwinding by 
implementing a centralized unwind path on slave errors.

Changes in v4:
 - Split from a 4-patch series into 'net' and 'net-next' as requested.
 - Added Fixes: tags to both patches to facilitate stable backporting.
 - No logic changes to these patches since v3.

History of pre-separation series (v1-v3):
Changes in v3:
 - addressed Felix review feedback in the VLAN add unwind fix
 - removed the superfluous empty line

Changes in v2:
 - picked up Reviewed-by tags on patches 1, 3 and 4
 - changes in patch 2 per advice of Felix Maurer

Luka Gejak (2):
  net: hsr: serialize seq_blocks merge across nodes
  net: hsr: fix VLAN add unwind on slave errors

 net/hsr/hsr_device.c   | 32 +++++++++++++++++---------------
 net/hsr/hsr_framereg.c | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 53 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.53.0