Subject: [PATCH net v3 0/3] net: lan966x: fix page_pool error handling and error paths

From: David Carlier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2026 06:52:38 +0100

This series fixes error handling around the lan966x page pool:                                                                                                        
                                                                                                                                                                        
    1/3 adds the missing IS_ERR check after page_pool_create(), preventing                                                                                              
        a kernel oops when the error pointer flows into     
        xdp_rxq_info_reg_mem_model().                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                                                        
    2/3 plugs page pool leaks in the lan966x_fdma_rx_alloc() and                                                                                                        
        lan966x_fdma_init() error paths, now reachable after 1/3.                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                                                        
    3/3 fixes a use-after-free and page pool leak in the    
        lan966x_fdma_reload() restore path, where the hardware could                                                                                                    
        resume DMA into pages already returned to the page pool.

David Carlier (3):
  net: lan966x: fix page_pool error handling in
    lan966x_fdma_rx_alloc_page_pool()
  net: lan966x: fix page pool leak in error paths
  net: lan966x: fix use-after-free and leak in lan966x_fdma_reload()

 .../ethernet/microchip/lan966x/lan966x_fdma.c | 28 ++++++++++++++++---
 1 file changed, 24 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
v2 -> v3:                                                                                                                                                             
    - 1/3: remove blank line between page_pool_create() and IS_ERR check (Jakub)
    - 2/3: drop rx->page_pool = NULL for consistency with lan966x_fdma_init()                                                                                           
           cleanup; update commit message accordingly (Jakub)                                                                                                           
    - 3/3: remove blank line between kmemdup() and !old_pages check (Jakub)                                                                                             
  v1 -> v2: address caller error paths raised by Jakub's review; add patches                                                                                            
           2/3 and 3/3                                                                                                                                                  
  v1: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]                                                                           
  v2: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]
2.53.0