Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] selftests: vsock: avoid mktemp -u for Unix socket paths

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2026 18:02:14 +0100

On Mon, Apr 06, 2026 at 03:57:09AM +0800, CaoRuichuang wrote:
> The namespace tests create temporary Unix socket paths with mktemp -u and
> then hand them to socat. That only prints an unused pathname and leaves
> a race before the socket is created.
> 
> Create a private temporary directory with mktemp -d and place the Unix
> socket inside it instead. This keeps the path unique without relying on
> mktemp -u for filesystem socket names.
> 
> Signed-off-by: CaoRuichuang <[email-masked]>

This patch was sent twice in quick succession.

Please don't do that.
Instead, please allow 24h between posts of updated patches to netdev.
And please version patches, like this:

Subject: [PATCH v2] ...

The process is intended to help reviewers.

For more information, please see:
https://docs.kernel.org/process/maintainer-netdev.html