Subject: [PATCH v2] net/sched: sch_cake: fix NAT destination port not being updated in cake_update_flowkeys

From: Dudu Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2026 19:00:41 +0800

cake_update_flowkeys() is supposed to update the flow dissector keys
with the NAT-translated addresses and ports from conntrack, so that
CAKE's per-flow fairness correctly identifies post-NAT flows as
belonging to the same connection.

For the source port, this works correctly:
    keys->ports.src = port;

But for the destination port, the assignment is reversed:
    port = keys->ports.dst;

This means the NAT destination port is never updated in the flow keys.
As a result, when multiple connections are NATed to the same destination,
CAKE treats them as separate flows because the original (pre-NAT)
destination ports differ. This breaks CAKE's NAT-aware flow isolation
when using the "nat" mode.

The bug was introduced in commit b0c19ed6088a ("sch_cake: Take advantage
of skb->hash where appropriate") which refactored the original direct
assignment into a compare-and-conditionally-update pattern, but wrote
the destination port update backwards.

Fix by reversing the assignment direction to match the source port
pattern.

Fixes: b0c19ed6088a ("sch_cake: Take advantage of skb->hash where appropriate")
Signed-off-by: Dudu Lu <[email-masked]>
---
 net/sched/sch_cake.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/net/sched/sch_cake.c b/net/sched/sch_cake.c
index 9efe23f8371b..4ac6c36ca6e4 100644
--- a/net/sched/sch_cake.c
+++ b/net/sched/sch_cake.c
@@ -619,7 +619,7 @@ static bool cake_update_flowkeys(struct flow_keys *keys,
 		}
 		port = rev ? tuple.src.u.all : tuple.dst.u.all;
 		if (port != keys->ports.dst) {
-			port = keys->ports.dst;
+			keys->ports.dst = port;
 			upd = true;
 		}
 	}
-- 
2.39.3 (Apple Git-145)