Subject: [ANNOUNCE] iproute2 7.0 release

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2026 12:44:59 -0700

This is the regular release of iproute2 corresponding to the 7.0 kernel.

The main addition is `cake_mq` support for tc-cake, enabling CAKE on
multiqueue devices. The `dpll` command gained mode setting and
fractional frequency offset display in parts-per-trillion.

Devlink now supports displaying and resetting parameters to defaults.

The `ss` tool saw several cleanups: trailing whitespace in non-TTY
output, suppressed netlink errors for unsupported protocols, and
proper command name escaping.

The JSON writer gained control characterescaping.

Eric Biggers replaced the AF_ALG SHA-1 in legacy BPF with a
userspace implementation.

Chen Linxuan eliminated redundant mounts in
`ip netns`, and leftover `/usr/lib/route2` references were removed.

Matthieu Baerts added interface name display and colored output to
MPTCP monitor.

A large batch of man page fixes addressed grammar and
style across `dcb`, `devlink`, `netshaper`, `tipc`, `vdpa`, `rdma`,
and `ss`.

Download:
    https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/net/iproute2/iproute2-7.0.0.tar.gz

Repository for current release:
    https://github.com/shemminger/iproute2.git
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/iproute2/iproute2.git

And future release (net-next):
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/iproute2/iproute2-next.git