Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net: ethernet: ravb: Do not check URAM suspension when WoL is active

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2026 14:56:56 +0100

On Sun, Apr 12, 2026 at 07:32:13PM +0200, Niklas Söderlund wrote:
> When updating the driver to match latest datasheet to suspend access to
> URAM when suspending DMA transfers a corner-case was missed, URAM access
> will not be suspended if WoL is enabled. This lead to the error message
> (correctly) being triggered as URAM access is not suspended even tho
> it's requested as part of stopping DMA.
> 
> Avoid checking if URAM access is suspended and printing the error
> message if WoL is enabled when we suspend the system, as we know it will
> not be.
> 
> Reported-by: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
> Closes: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
> Fixes: 353d8e7989b6 ("net: ethernet: ravb: Suspend and resume the transmission flow")
> Signed-off-by: Niklas Söderlund <[email-masked]>

Hi Niklas,

This is a bit awkward.

1. This patch doesn't apply cleanly to net (yet). Because the cited
   commit, which is a dependency, has not propagated there.

2. OTHO, net-next is closed for the merge window.

Regardless of the 2nd point, I'm suspecting that the best option is to
repost this targeting net-next.

...

-- 
pw-bot: changes-requested