Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2 4/4] net: mana: Fix EQ leak in mana_remove on NULL port

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2026 16:40:58 +0100

This is an AI-generated review of your patch. The human sending this
email has considered the AI review valid, or at least plausible.

For local reproduction steps see https://netdev-ai.bots.linux.dev/ai-local.html
---
net: mana: Fix EQ leak in mana_remove on NULL port

In mana_remove(), when a NULL port is encountered in the port iteration
loop, 'goto out' skips the mana_destroy_eq(ac) call, leaking the event
queues allocated earlier by mana_create_eq(). This can happen when
mana_probe_port() fails for port 0, leaving ac->ports[0] as NULL. On
driver unload or error cleanup, mana_remove() hits the NULL entry and
jumps past mana_destroy_eq(). Change 'goto out' to 'break' so the
for-loop exits normally and mana_destroy_eq() is always reached.

> Fixes: ca9c54d2d6a5 ("net: mana: Add a driver for Microsoft Azure Network Adapter (MANA)")

Does this Fixes tag point to the correct commit? Looking at the commit
history, the original driver commit ca9c54d2d6a5 did not have
mana_destroy_eq() in mana_remove() at all, so the 'goto out' pattern could
not have caused an EQ leak at that point.

The bug appears to have been introduced by commit 1e2d0824a9c3 ("net: mana:
Add support for EQ sharing"), which added mana_destroy_eq(ac) to
mana_remove() and placed it after the 'out:' label, making it skippable by
the 'goto out' on NULL port.

Should the Fixes tag be:
  Fixes: 1e2d0824a9c3 ("net: mana: Add support for EQ sharing")