Subject: [PATCH net v3 0/5] net: mana: Fix probe/remove error path bugs

From: Erni Sri Satya Vennela <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2026 01:09:36 -0700

Fix five bugs in mana_probe()/mana_remove() error handling that can
cause warnings on uninitialized work structs, NULL pointer dereferences,
masked errors, and resource leaks when early probe steps fail.

Patches 1-2 move work struct initialization (link_change_work and
gf_stats_work) to before any error path that could trigger
mana_remove(), preventing WARN_ON in __flush_work() or debug object
warnings when sync cancellation runs on uninitialized work structs.

Patch 3 guards mana_remove() against double invocation. If PM resume
fails, mana_probe() calls mana_remove() which sets gdma_context and
driver_data to NULL. A failed resume does not unbind the driver, so
when the device is eventually unbound, mana_remove() is called again
and dereferences NULL, causing a kernel panic. An early return on
NULL gdma_context or driver_data makes the second call harmless.

Patch 4 prevents add_adev() from overwriting a port probe error,
which could leave the driver in a broken state with NULL ports while
reporting success.

Patch 5 changes 'goto out' to 'break' in mana_remove()'s port loop
so that mana_destroy_eq() is always reached, preventing EQ leaks when
a NULL port is encountered.
---
Changes in v3:
* Add patch 3: net: mana: Guard mana_remove against double invocation.
* Fix inaccurate comments.
* Correct Fixes tag from ca9c54d2d6a5 to 1e2d0824a9c3.
Changes in v2:
* Apply the patchset in net instead of net-next.
---
Erni Sri Satya Vennela (5):
  net: mana: Init link_change_work before potential error paths in probe
  net: mana: Init gf_stats_work before potential error paths in probe
  net: mana: Guard mana_remove against double invocation
  net: mana: Don't overwrite port probe error with add_adev result
  net: mana: Fix EQ leak in mana_remove on NULL port

 drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c | 35 +++++++++++--------
 1 file changed, 20 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1