Subject: Re: [PATCH net 0/6] pull request: fixes for ovpn 2026-04-17

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2026 11:54:52 -0700

On Fri, 17 Apr 2026 11:02:59 +0200 Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> This is a respin of the PR I originally sent against net-next + an extra
> fix (patch 6).
> 
> Please note that this patch:
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
> broke the selftests entirely due to the switch from sh to bash.
> 
> There are new commits in the kselftest tree which take care of this:
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
> but they are not in net yet, therefore you won't be able to test/run
> our kselftests for now.

It does work for us, FWIW, maybe because we run tests with make
run_tests. There were some entirely unnecessary changes to ktap 
output which broke our systems but we patched around them :/

> TCP tests are still failing every now and then.
> It seems that sometimes a single ping over a TCP tunnel is lost,
> thus making the selftest fail.

They seem to fail for us around 50% of the time on debug kernel
builds. What's your repro rate?

> We believe this is a bug in ovpn which we are currently hunting down.
> So it's nothing wrong about the tests (they are actually doing their
> job!).

FWIW one of today's runs hit this:

https://netdev-ctrl.bots.linux.dev/logs/vmksft/net-extra-dbg/results/608740/3-test-symmetric-id-tcp-sh/stderr
decoded:
https://netdev-ctrl.bots.linux.dev/logs/vmksft/net-extra-dbg/results/608740/vm-crash-thr0-0

In any case - test_mark.sh looks good now, so I'll take it out of 
the ignored list. Thanks! 2 more to go? :)