Subject: [PATCH AUTOSEL 6.18] dt-bindings: net: Fix Tegra234 MGBE PTP clock

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2026 09:21:29 -0400

From: Jon Hunter <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit fb22b1fc5bca3c0aad95388933497ceb30f1fb26 ]

The PTP clock for the Tegra234 MGBE device is incorrectly named
'ptp-ref' and should be 'ptp_ref'. This is causing the following
warning to be observed on Tegra234 platforms that use this device:

 ERR KERN tegra-mgbe 6800000.ethernet eth0: Invalid PTP clock rate
 WARNING KERN tegra-mgbe 6800000.ethernet eth0: PTP init failed

Although this constitutes an ABI breakage in the binding for this
device, PTP support has clearly never worked and so fix this now
so we can correct the device-tree for this device. Note that the
MGBE driver still supports the legacy 'ptp-ref' clock name and so
older/existing device-trees will still work, but given that this
is not the correct name, there is no point to advertise this in the
binding.

Fixes: 189c2e5c7669 ("dt-bindings: net: Add Tegra234 MGBE")
Signed-off-by: Jon Hunter <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Link: https://patch.msgid.link/[email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
---

LLM Generated explanations, may be completely bogus:

Error: Failed to generate final synthesis

 .../devicetree/bindings/net/nvidia,tegra234-mgbe.yaml         | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/nvidia,tegra234-mgbe.yaml b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/nvidia,tegra234-mgbe.yaml
index 2bd3efff2485e..215f14d1897d2 100644
--- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/nvidia,tegra234-mgbe.yaml
+++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/nvidia,tegra234-mgbe.yaml
@@ -42,7 +42,7 @@ properties:
       - const: mgbe
       - const: mac
       - const: mac-divider
-      - const: ptp-ref
+      - const: ptp_ref
       - const: rx-input-m
       - const: rx-input
       - const: tx
@@ -133,7 +133,7 @@ examples:
                  <&bpmp TEGRA234_CLK_MGBE0_RX_PCS_M>,
                  <&bpmp TEGRA234_CLK_MGBE0_RX_PCS>,
                  <&bpmp TEGRA234_CLK_MGBE0_TX_PCS>;
-        clock-names = "mgbe", "mac", "mac-divider", "ptp-ref", "rx-input-m",
+        clock-names = "mgbe", "mac", "mac-divider", "ptp_ref", "rx-input-m",
                       "rx-input", "tx", "eee-pcs", "rx-pcs-input", "rx-pcs-m",
                       "rx-pcs", "tx-pcs";
         resets = <&bpmp TEGRA234_RESET_MGBE0_MAC>,
-- 
2.53.0