Subject: Re: [PATCH net v4 0/5] net: mana: Fix probe/remove error path bugs

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2026 17:49:59 +0100

On Mon, Apr 20, 2026 at 05:47:34AM -0700, Erni Sri Satya Vennela wrote:
> Fix five bugs in mana_probe()/mana_remove() error handling that can
> cause warnings on uninitialized work structs, NULL pointer dereferences,
> masked errors, and resource leaks when early probe steps fail.
> 
> Patches 1-2 move work struct initialization (link_change_work and
> gf_stats_work) to before any error path that could trigger
> mana_remove(), preventing WARN_ON in __flush_work() or debug object
> warnings when sync cancellation runs on uninitialized work structs.
> 
> Patch 3 guards mana_remove() against double invocation. If PM resume
> fails, mana_probe() calls mana_remove() which sets gdma_context and
> driver_data to NULL. A failed resume does not unbind the driver, so
> when the device is eventually unbound, mana_remove() is called again
> and dereferences NULL, causing a kernel panic. An early return on
> NULL gdma_context or driver_data makes the second call harmless.
> 
> Patch 4 prevents add_adev() from overwriting a port probe error,
> which could leave the driver in a broken state with NULL ports while
> reporting success.
> 
> Patch 5 changes 'goto out' to 'break' in mana_remove()'s port loop
> so that mana_destroy_eq() is always reached, preventing EQ leaks when
> a NULL port is encountered.
> ---
> Changes in v4:
> * Correct Fixes tag from ca9c54d2d6a5 to 635096a86edb
> * Correct Fixes tag from ced82fce77e9 to a69839d4327d

Thanks for the updates.

For the series:

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>

I see that Sashiko provided feedback on patch 4/5.
However, as it notes, the issue it flags is addressed in patch 5/5.
No further action required AFAICS.