Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] iproute2 7.0 release

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2026 15:01:03 -0700

On Fri, 24 Apr 2026 21:32:33 +0100
Sergei Trofimovich <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Download:
> >    https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/net/iproute2/iproute2-7.0.0.tar.gz  
> 
> This URL is 404. Looking at https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/net/iproute2/
> it looks like tarballs slightly changed their naming and now prepend `v`:
> 
> iproute2-6.19.0.tar.gz                             18-Feb-2026 15:36      1M
> iproute2-6.19.0.tar.sign                           18-Feb-2026 15:36     566
> iproute2-6.19.0.tar.xz                             18-Feb-2026 15:36    936K
> ...
> iproute2-v7.0.0.tar.gz                             13-Apr-2026 19:31      1M
> iproute2-v7.0.0.tar.sign                           13-Apr-2026 19:31     566
> iproute2-v7.0.0.tar.xz                             13-Apr-2026 19:31    940K
> 
> Should `v` be there? Worth removing at least for next releases?
The v ones should not be there. It was a typo