Subject: [PATCH net-next v5 0/3] selftests: drv-net: convert so_txtime to drv-net

From: Willem de Bruijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2026 16:14:32 -0400

From: Willem de Bruijn <[email-masked]>

In preparation for extending to pacing hardware offload, convert the
so_txtime.sh test to a drv-net test that can be run against netdevsim
and real hardware.

Two preparatory patches
1. support negative tests, where tests are expected to fail
2. add a tc helper 

See individual patches for details.

Willem de Bruijn (3):
  selftests: net: py: support cmd verifying expected failure
  selftests: net: py: add tc utility
  selftests: drv-net: convert so_txtime to drv-net

 .../testing/selftests/drivers/net/.gitignore  |   1 +
 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/Makefile  |   2 +
 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/config    |   2 +
 .../selftests/drivers/net/lib/py/__init__.py  |   5 +-
 .../selftests/{ => drivers}/net/so_txtime.c   |  25 +++-
 .../selftests/drivers/net/so_txtime.py        |  95 +++++++++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/net/.gitignore        |   1 -
 tools/testing/selftests/net/Makefile          |   2 -
 .../testing/selftests/net/lib/py/__init__.py  |   4 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/net/lib/py/utils.py   |  18 ++-
 tools/testing/selftests/net/so_txtime.sh      | 110 ------------------
 11 files changed, 141 insertions(+), 124 deletions(-)
 rename tools/testing/selftests/{ => drivers}/net/so_txtime.c (96%)
 create mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/so_txtime.py
 delete mode 100755 tools/testing/selftests/net/so_txtime.sh

-- 
2.54.0.545.g6539524ca2-goog