Subject: [PATCH 0/3] net: mana: Fix mana_destroy_rxq() cleanup for partial RXQ init

From: Dipayaan Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2026 20:57:51 -0700

When mana_create_rxq() fails partway through initialization (e.g. the
hardware rejects the WQ object creation), the error path calls
mana_destroy_rxq() to tear down a partially-initialized RXQ.
This exposed multiple issues in mana_destroy_rxq() path, as it assumed
the RXQ was always fully initialized, leading to multiple issues:

1. xdp_rxq_info_unreg() was called on an unregistered xdp_rxq,
   triggering a WARN_ON ("Driver BUG") in net/core/xdp.c.

2. mana_destroy_wq_obj() was called with INVALID_MANA_HANDLE,
   sending a bogus destroy command to the hardware.

3. mana_deinit_cq() was called twice — once inside mana_destroy_rxq()
   and again in mana_create_rxq()'s error path — causing a
   use-after-free since mana_destroy_rxq() frees the rxq first.

This was observed during ethtool ring parameter changes when the
hardware returned an error creating the RXQ. This series makes
mana_destroy_rxq() safe to call at any stage of RXQ initialization
by guarding each teardown step, and removes the redundant cleanup
in mana_create_rxq().

Dipayaan Roy (3):
  net: mana: check xdp_rxq registration before unreg in
    mana_destroy_rxq()
  net: mana: Skip WQ object destruction for uninitialized RXQ
  net: mana: remove double CQ cleanup in mana_create_rxq error path

 drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c | 10 +++++-----
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0