Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] Expose more port stats to ethtool

From: Eric Joyner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2026 20:15:50 -0700

Newer hardware collects a lot more FEC statistics than older hardware; these
include FEC histograms and corrected/uncorrected word and bit totals. This
patchset adds plumbing to pass these through to ethtool along with another
link_down_count stat that is another port-level stat. That link_down_count was
already being sent to the driver; it just wasn't exposed outside of the driver.

Brett's patch is a small unrelated improvement to devcmd handling that's
still nice to have.

Brett Creeley (1):
  ionic: Small improvements in devcmd retry logic

Eric Joyner (4):
  ionic: Report "link_down_events_phy" in ethtool statistics
  ionic: Update ionic_if.h with new extra port stats structure
  ionic: Report rx_bits_phy stat to ethtool
  ionic: Add .get_fec_stats ethtool handler

 .../ethernet/pensando/ionic/ionic_ethtool.c   | 51 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../net/ethernet/pensando/ionic/ionic_if.h    | 13 +++--
 .../net/ethernet/pensando/ionic/ionic_main.c  |  7 ++-
 .../net/ethernet/pensando/ionic/ionic_stats.c | 18 ++++++-
 4 files changed, 84 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

base-commit: 09942ddedcb960f9e78fd817ec33f501d1040c5b
-- 
2.17.1