Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] net: wan: fsl_ucc_hdlc: fix ucc_hdlc_remove

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2026 13:35:55 +0100

On Wed, Apr 29, 2026 at 01:42:08PM +0200, Holger Brunck wrote:
> If the driver is used in a non tdm mode priv->utdm is a NULL pointer.
> Therefore we need to check this pointer first before checking si_regs.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Holger Brunck <[email-masked]>

Hi Holger,

I have the same feedback as for patch 1/2:

As a fix for code present in net, this warrants a fixes tag
that cites the commit that introduced this bug.
Perhaps this one is appropriate.

Fixes: ca20e191eed0 ("net: wan: fsl_ucc_hdlc: fix ucc_hdlc_remove")

Also, as a fix for net it would be best to explicitly target that branch,
like this:

Subject: [PATCH net 2/2] ...

I don't think it's necessary to repost to just to address either of the
above.  But for reference more information on the Netdev development
process can be found here:

https://docs.kernel.org/process/maintainer-netdev.html

The above not withstanding, this looks good to me.

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>

FTR, an AI generated review of this patch is available on sashiko.dev.
All the issues flagged there seem to be pre-existing and I do not
believe they should block progress of this patch. But you may want to
look into then in the context of follow-up.

...