Subject: [PATCH net-next v4 0/2] selftests: openvswitch: add pop_vlan test

From: Minxi Hou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2026 20:37:11 +0800

Add test_pop_vlan() to verify OVS kernel datapath pop_vlan action
correctly strips 802.1Q VLAN tags from frames.

Patch 1 extends ovs-dpctl.py with vlan(vid=X,pcp=Y,cfi=Z) formatting
and parsing, plus an encap_ovskey subclass for safe ENCAP NLA decoding.
Patch 2 adds the selftest with baseline, negative, and positive checks.

Tested with vng on x86_64, all OVS selftests pass (including new
test_pop_vlan).

v4:
  - fix all checkpatch line-length warnings in new code
  - fix pylint W0707: use explicit exception chaining (from exc)
v3: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
  - encap_ovskey: MPLS type "ovs_key_mpls" -> "array(ovs_key_mpls)"
  - encap_ovskey: PRIORITY/IN_PORT set to "none" (metadata, not in ENCAP)
  - _vlan_dpstr: cfi=0 falls back to tci=0x%04x for round-trip safety
  - encap parse(): check return value for unrecognized trailing content
  - vlan parser: boundary check + raise-from for exception chaining
  - start_capture: || return $? to propagate ksft_skip correctly
  - on_exit: moved after resource creation, not before
  - ping success: changed from NOTE to FAIL + return 1
  - VLAN interface creation: added || return 1 error propagation
  - netns probe: distinguish EEXIST from missing CONFIG_NET_NS
  - sbx_add: || return $ksft_skip -> || return $? (match sibling tests)
v2: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

Minxi Hou (2):
  selftests: openvswitch: add vlan() and encap() flow string parsing
  selftests: openvswitch: add pop_vlan test

 .../selftests/net/openvswitch/openvswitch.sh  | 196 +++++++++++++
 .../selftests/net/openvswitch/ovs-dpctl.py    | 268 +++++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 456 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.53.0