Subject: [ANN] netdev foundation TSC meeting notes - May 5th

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2026 16:07:32 -0700

Present: Eric, Jakub, Johannes, Kuniyuki, Simon, Willem, Paolo

Logo funding approved: aim to use at Netdev 0x1A

Academic Research program
 - Academic Research Grant Program proposal drafted and shared with the group
 - We should not expect usable patches to be produced
 - Plan to set general guidance - Netdev focus - and some example topics

Netconf
 - On the first day of Netdev 0x1A. 13th July
 - No CFP due to shorter length and collocation with a relevant conference
 - Invitations to be sent within the next few weeks

AI Review
 - Claude-shiko running, and finding slightly different issues, does
   not report preexisting issues
 - Hoping to integrate codex once broadly available on Bedrock, as well
 - Once we have Claude + Codex the accuracy should be high enough to
   start emailing the reviews out automatically (and update the netdev
   "FAQ" as appropriate)