Subject: Re: [PATCH batadv 0/8] batman-adv: follow up fixes

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2026 17:20:17 -0700

On Tue, 05 May 2026 06:46:11 +0200 Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 May 2026 02:10:51 CEST Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > On Sun, 03 May 2026 14:22:33 +0200 Sven Eckelmann wrote:  
> > > While reviewing the fixes submitted to batman-adv in the recent weeks,
> > > further problems in similar or adjecent code was identified. This was either
> > > noticed in the manual review or reported by sashiko.dev.  
> > 
> > Are you CCing netdev to get this reviewed by Sashiko?
> > Please don't..
> > We delegate code to sub-sub-systems to lower the patch volume :(
> 
> Because of `b4 prep --auto-to-cc`. Will now manually remove you.

Ah, I see. I was asking because I don't recall us getting much batadv
patches CCed to netdev. Maybe it's simply because there wasn't that
many of them to begin with.

If the rate keeps up let's add an X: to MAINTAINERS to avoid
netdev@ being CCed. IDK if that's what X is supposed to be used for 
but we use it for wireless and bluetooth already. The PRs still
flow thru networking tree, but there's no need for netdev to be CCed
on 99% of the patch submissions.